Cultivate is dedicated to working with our families as they take on the unique challenges of heading back to school this year. Our team is excited to help you navigate this journey!
This month, we are thrilled to share information on our caregiver support services, back to school resources, and upcoming events.
Back to School Resources
As we start a new academic year, parents, families, and teachers are facing uncertainty. Deciding between in-person classes, distance learning, or even homeschooling gets even more complicated when a child has a disability. Many parents have questions right now about their child’s IEP and how their child’s rights are being honored during these uncertain times.
Luckily, there are many great resources out there helping ensure children are receiving everything they can from the public school system. Click on the links below to learn more.
Strategies for Helping Your Kids with Learning this Year
- Have a fidget or sensory box
- Request 1 on 1 Zoom meetings
- Use a wobble chair
- Give extended times for homework
- Let your child turn off the Zoom camera and listen if they need to
- If learning over Zoom isn’t working, ask the school what the “continuum of placement” is that’s available in your school district.
Looking for more resources? Visit our COVID-19 page to view a collection of ABA-At-Home activities for you and your family.