Autism Awareness and Support
Autism Awareness Virtual Walk and Run 2021
Cultivate Behavioral Health & Education’s “Autism Awareness Walk/Run 2021” is an annual nationwide fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism and related disorders.
Wear BLUE and post your walk/run photos on social media with the hashtag #CultivateAutismWalk2021 for a chance to win one of our fun DOORPRIZES!
Donate to the Autism Society
Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the United States, with 1 in 54 children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. The Autism Society works every day to measurably improve the quality of life for individuals and families affected by autism. Annually, the Autism Society network supports 600,000 individuals and families through education, advocacy, information & referrals, support, and by building community.
Whether you donate $5 or $500, every little bit helps. If you can’t donate at this time, we ask that you click the share button to spread the word, promote acceptance, and help us ignite change!
Thank you for giving generously.
Parent Support Group Events during Autism Awareness Month
Join us for a FREE weekly webinar event followed by our Parent Support Group meeting.
Each week we will have a new Guest Speaker who will focus their talk on issues relevant to our community. The talk will also feature a Q&A session, concluding with our Parent Support Group meeting.
Our mission for this group is to create a safe space for parents caring for someone with an ASD diagnosis to share experiences.
This support group will be free and open to the community and will be primarily geared toward families who are living with an ASD diagnosis. Please help spread the word to anyone in your life who would benefit from attending and interacting with people who understand some of the challenges and opportunities they may be facing.
- Thursday April 1, 2021 at 6:30pm CST – Amy Jo Blair Schlosser. Topic: Planning for Life After Graduation (START NOW!)
- Wednesday April 7, 2021 at 6:30pm CST – Angie Blanton. Topic: Get Involved and Maximize Your Child’s ABA Therapy
- Thursday April 15, 2021 at 6:30pm CST – Rachel Torrance. Topic: ABA 101
- Wednesday April 21, 2021 at 6:30pm CST – TBA
- Thursday April 29, 2021 at 6:30pm CST – TBA
- Confidentiality is of utmost importance (what is said in group, stays in group)
- One diva, one mic (don’t interrupt one another)
- Always assume good intentions
- Try not to offer advice unless it is requested
- Everyone’s experiences and feelings are valid. We will have many differing feelings and opinions on many different topics in this group and that’s OK. We’re here to support and respect each other, and there is no wrong way to think or feel. If we want to debate an issue, we can go on Facebook for that.